April 30 to May 1, 2016
Where: Perth, ON
- Seeking an engaging learning experience and practical knowledge to apply to your land, work, community and life?
- Interested in growing food, taking care of the water and soil, sustaining your livelihood, building community, and deepening your relationship with Mother Earth?
- Wanting real-life examples of what is possible in a cold climate, in rural, suburban and urban settings?
Be inspired. Join us.
You might be wondering about:
- What will I learn?
- What topics will be covered?
- Tell me about real-life examples in Perth and Ottawa.
- I want to know more about your approach to teaching.
- What exactly is permaculture design? (short video)
- How does permaculture apply to my garden and my life? (short video)
What will I learn?
- how to apply simple lessons from nature to my land, work or projects
- how to start taking care of the soil, water, plants and animals
- how to be more effective with energy, materials and time
- how to start observing a piece of land and making decisions about how to use the land based on what is needed and what is readily available (we call this “designing”)
- how to create gardens for food and medicine with plants that come back each year (we call these "edible forest gardens")
- principles and ethics
- observation and patterns in nature
- design process and a simple design exercice
- edible forest garden
- design tour of Bonita & Sébastien's garden
- hands-on gardening
This Introduction Course is included in our full Permaculture Design Course.
For more info or to register: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Fee: $170, includes HST; does NOT include meals or accommodations.