June 9 & 10, 2018 -- 9:00am to 5:30pm.
Where: Perth, ON.
Are you interested in:
- Creating gardens that provide food and medicine year after year, while taking care of the water, soil, plants and animals?
- Gardening in a way that requires less work over time, and that works in harmony with Mother Earth?
- An engaging learning experience and practical knowledge to apply to the land you tend?
You might be wondering about:
- What will I learn?
- What topics will be covered?
- Tell me about real-life examples.
- What kinds of plants can I have in a forest garden?
- What's special about your garden? (video: 46sec)
- How does permaculture apply to your garden and life? (video: 8min, 18sec)
- What does your garden teach you?
- Registration info
What will I learn?
- how to mimic nature in an edible forest garden
- how to choose the plants based on your eating and work preferences
- how to design a polyculture/guild and an edible forest garden
- how to make a clear and inspiring plan on paper
- how to prepare a site, plant the plants and care for the garden
- what to consider in different situations: home, community and commercial gardens
- basic design principles
- layers and functions of a polyculture or guild
- common and interesting useful plants for cold climates (zone 4-5)
- sourcing and choosing plants
- site preparation, planting and maintenance
- considerations for different scales: home, community and commercial
- exercises to design a polyculture, a home-scale garden and a larger garden
Course Fee: $180, includes HST. Does NOT include meals or accommodations.
Package Fee: Sign up for both the Introduction and Edible Forest Garden courses and receive $20 off.
Winter Special: Register before January 31, 2018 and pay $160, includes HST. Does NOT include meals or accommodations.
Download the registration form for more details.
For more info: email@example.com or 613-267-1926.