May 14 to 29, 2016
Where: Manitoulin Island, ON
10-day Permaculture Design Course (PDC).
Plus 4 days of Anishnaabek skills & knowledge.
Preference will be given to Aboriginal participants.
Do you want to learn:
- From Mother Earth, the plants & animals as the teachers?
- To grow food, while taking care of the water & soil?
- To create or rebuild healthier communities, forests & gardens?
- To help heal degraded land with traditional & new ways?
- Anishnaabek teachings & skills for yourself & future generations?
- Permaculture principles & design
- Edible forest gardens; soil & compost; water & earthworks; season extension
- Small businesses & community projects
- Animals, greenhouses & natural building hands-on at the Tilson Homestead with Manitoulin Permaculture
- Hands-on learning at the Debaj gardens
- Visits to farms & various sites on the island
- Foraging for traditional foods & medicines
- Foundation Teachings & the 4 Axes
Full Course Fee (14 days): $1200 + HST, includes lunches and snacks; does not include accommodations. Dinner Plan: $200 + HST.
Check out this blog article about permaculture & Anishnaabek teachings.